When you first start using a reed diffuser, it can be exciting to open up the bottle and smell all of the wonderful scents that are coming out. However, after a while, you might start to notice that the scent is too strong. This can be a problem if you’re trying to use the diffuser in a confined space, or if you have small children or pets who are sensitive to smells. In this blog post, we will discuss why your reed diffuser might be too strong and what you can do to fix it!
The Reasons Why Your Reed Diffuser Is Too Strong.
There are a few reasons why your reed diffuser might be giving off too strong of a scent.
The first reason is that you might be using too many reeds. When you use more reeds, more of the oil will travel up the reeds and into the air faster, which will make the scent stronger.
The second reason is there may be too much fragrance load on the carrier oil. If you use too much oil, it will take longer for the reeds to absorb it all, and the excess oil will evaporate into the air, making the scent stronger.
The third reason is that your diffuser might be placed in a warm area. Warm areas will cause the diffuser to release more fragrance into the air. Reed diffusers work by the scented oil slowly soaking into the reeds which then in turn evaporates and adds the fragrance to your home. However, if there is more heat in the room this process will speed up dramatically, not only making the fragrance overpowering but also using your new reed diffuser up very quickly.
How To Fix A Reed Diffuser That Is Too Strong
If you find that your reed diffuser is too strong, there are a few things that you can do to fix it. Below is a list of some of the ways you can reduce the amount of fragrance and oil released by your reed diffuser.
- Use fewer reeds: This will help to reduce the amount of oil that is released into the air. Remember that it is essentially the reed that is allowing the oils and fragrance to evaporate so for each reed that you remove from the bottle you will reduce the released fragrance dramatically.
- Reduce the fragrance load on the carrier oil: You can do this by using less essential oil or fragrance in your diffuser recipe. Okay, I know if this is a store-bought reed diffuser you cannot control the amount of oil placed in the bottle but if you make your diffusers then try to aim for between 10-20% fragrance to carrier oil.
- Move your diffuser to a cooler location: By moving your diffuser to a cooler location, you can help to reduce the amount of fragrance that is released into the air. As I mentioned before the cooler the atmosphere around the reed diffuser the less fragrance oil that can evaporate.
The Reasons Why Having A Reed Diffuser That Is Too Strong Is Bad.
Here are some of the reasons why it’s a bad idea to have a reed diffuser in your home that is too strong.
Firstly, it can be overpowering and make it difficult to breathe. This is especially true if you are using a lot of essential oils in your diffuser blend as some of them can be quite potent.
Secondly, if you have small children or pets, a strong-smelling diffuser can be harmful to their health. It’s important to remember that not all essential oils are safe for children or pets, so it’s important to do your research before using them in a diffuser. Did you know that some essential oils can make people nauseas, read more about it in this guide.
Here are a few of the essential oils that are toxic to pets
- Tea Tree
- Lemon (citrus)
- Ylang Ylang
Finally, if your reed diffuser is too strong it will be using a lot of fragrance and oil, this means it will run out very quickly. Not only is this a waste of money, but it’s also very annoying having to constantly buy new diffusers!
In conclusion, if you find that your reed diffuser is too strong, there are a few things that you can do to fix it. Use fewer reeds, reduce the fragrance load on the carrier oil, or move your diffuser to a cooler location. Remember that it is important to have a diffuser that is not too strong for the safety of your family and home.
I hope you enjoyed this article and please feel free to share it with your friends!
Do you have a reed diffuser that is too strong? Hopefully the tips above helped you to fix it. If so let me know in the comments which you tried and what worked for you.
- Can You Put Perfume In A Humidifier? (Read First) - September 17, 2022
- Can You Put Essential Oil In A Steam Mop? (Safety Advice) - September 17, 2022
- How To Make Lavender Oil At Home ( Candles And Diffusers) - September 9, 2022